Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Noelle Geneva


NOELLE GENEVA SUNUKJIAN


Noelle Geneva Sunukjian was born at home on April 27th at 11:04pm.

She weighed in at 7 pounds 2 ounces and stretches out to an impressive 20.5 inches.

Noelle means "day of birth" and we chose it for her based on a number of things.  This was the first time I was (noticeably) pregnant during Christmas and it brought new meaning to the advent season for us.  God also confirmed the name as He is "birthing new things" in our family, marriage, and individual lives.  And we just thought it was a lovely name.

Geneva was the name of my maternal grandmother who died in my younger years but whom I loved dearly and take after quite a bit.  This was my mom's first birth with us, so it was such a joy to announce the name to her.  


Sisters!  Leah has already been such a big help and nurturer.


John is really this excited about her!  It's too cute.


I'm healing well and will share the details of the birth story in another post for those of you who like Too Much Information.


Luke was AMAZING through the entire birth process.  He was a great husband and coach and I'm still reeling in the gratefulness I have for him as a life partner.  

And for those of you who are keeping track we are now 3 for 3 on birthing children with a full head of dark hair - the Sunukjian trademark.

10 comments:

heidi said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family... such precious pictures and a special name, too!

Much love to you all!

Maria Keffler said...

Beautiful! Love the pictures, can't wait for the "Too Much Info" post! Also, it's time to change the header on your blog-- no longer a family of four! Congrats!

ginger said...

I can't wait for TMI!

Josh said...

Congratulations!!!!

Josh

mely said...

Congratulations!!!!
What a blessing. Love the baby's name.

Mely

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

I love it! Such a great name and she's so cute! I loved seeing pictures of your happy family, and you know I love way too much information-I look forward to that post. : )

kirsten said...

congrats on the beautiful new babe, and thanks for the pics!!

i'm all about TMI. :o)

Britt Hughes said...

Congratulations Mel! Noelle is absolutely beautiful and the pictures with Leah and John are too cute! I'm so glad that everyone is doing so well!

Britt Hughes

Amy said...

Oh hurray for precious, beautiful Noelle! congratulations to all of you. Love you dearly!

~The Hamlins

IlovePJV said...

I am so happy for you guys. Make sure you update us regularly. Noelle is a beautious addition the family.