We introduced the kids to yet another mandatory childhood activity and they had a GREAT time.
BEFORE: We took every last precaution to make sure that only the eggs got dyed; shower curtain on the floor, paper over the table, full-length aprons and stripping John to his scivies. (And who knew how hard it is to locate white eggs - thank you, Costco.)
AFTER: Mission accomplished for kids and mom; colorful eggs without a major disaster. (I'm really not a neat freak at all. Seriously. Ask my mom or any of the people I've lived with since her. But motherhood has brought out some weird panicky places that I never knew were there regarding major messes that kids seem to so easily produce. I think it's because I just hate cleaning and as I tell the kids, "Mom doesn't need anymore messes then she's already got.")
We drew on some of the eggs with a "magic" crayon first, so you'll notice the kids' names, Jesus, some scribbling, a heart and even a Christmas tree that made an appearance at Leah's suggestion.
We dyed 36 of them and their fate will be - as all hard-boiled eggs should - deviled eggs for our Easter potluck with friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment