Thursday, February 25, 2010

The last few days, Leah has literally begged to help me clean in the kitchen.  She loves to rinse and wash the dishes, sweep and vacuum, and I took this picture of her scrubbing the stove.  


I think she's one of "those people" who actually enjoys the process of taking something dirty and making it clean.  I say "those people" because though I was born to one, roomed with one and have even acquired one as an in-law, I have never even begun to understand that way of life.  

On the other hand, I have a gift for making things surprisingly messy in the midst of my creative process and the thought of cleaning it overwhelms me.  Now once I get going and arrive at the final state of a clean kitchen, I am grateful and appreciative.  And I believe in the values of working with your hands and cleaning up after yourself.  But getting over that hump of motivating myself to start is the tough part.  

Needless to say, the apple has fallen far from the tree on this one.

So everybody play along and pretend that cleaning is fun, okay?  This is one instance where I have no problem shielding her from the truth.  I'm milking this for all it's worth...  =)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay, Leah!!!! How awesome that you can put her to work...hope little girl Stofer does the same!

kirsten said...

That's awesome!! I was that way as a kid (asking Mom to let me do the dishes), and I still find cleaning therapeutic in a way, but I'm not all eager beaver about it like Leah. She looks like she's really enjoying herself!!

Jill said...

Oooh, send her to my house. I will show her the ways of cleaning - before cooking, during cooking and after cooking!