The kids did a coloring page for Ash Wednesday, Luke read scripture and then we put ashes from our many winter fires on our foreheads.
I made pretzels again, signifying arms folded in prayer. The kids helped this year, so that was fun (mostly).
This is how one of them turned out.
This is how the rest of them turned out. Did I mention that the kids helped this year? =) I also didn't put enough flour in so they were kinda globby. But they still tasted great.
I also made a simple cheese sauce to dip them in.
We're going low key on Lent this year. The kids have both decided to try to give up complaining and try to pursue gratefulness (so far we've had a couple of break throughs).
Luke is giving up sports radio and pursuing more of God's Word.
I'm praying for patience and going on a computer diet. (Luke set up the "parental controls" on our computer so that I *only* get 3 hours a day. That's a little embarrassing to admit... both that I'm as mature as a child in limiting my computer use and that 3 hours is a "diet" for me. But it's where I'm at so grace on me.)
More Lenten activities to come...

No comments:
Post a Comment