Friday, November 6, 2009

I've been published!

Most of you know that I enjoy writing, but you may not know that I took the abrupt leap of writing an article about my friend, Amy Herbert, who is a fantastic freelance artist.  I pitched it to the Hill Rag, our monthly community magazine here on Capitol Hill.  I read it religiously every month and thought they needed to highlight all the cool things that Amy was doing around the Hill.  Though the editor doesn't know me from Adam, he accepted it and I've got 2 more articles being published in December.  I'm hoping to keep writing something once a month, so I continue to pitch all manner of ideas to him.  And, yes, I get PAID!  So now I am officially, ahem, a freelance writer.  (Wild cheering and applause.) I have goals of writing for Edible Chesapeake, a local foods periodical, as well and just threw out an idea to my alma mater, Biola Magazine.  I feel so excited to be doing any writing that I'm grateful for whatever comes.  Anyway, just thought I'd share!  


7 comments:

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

AWESOME! Good for you, Mel! I am very impressed!

ginger said...

That's awesome Melanie. Way to go!

kirsten said...

That's awesome, Mel!! Congrats!! :o)

kari reid said...

way to go, melanie! so fun! i know you've been wanting to write/publish for a long time, now. i'm so glad it's finally happening for you. any link to reading what you wrote?

kari reid said...

no worries - i got it! =) finally figured it out it was in your paragraph all along! call me brilliant.

emily:-) said...

V. Cool!

Natalie said...

Congrats Melanie!! Looking forward to reading more! Happy publishing :)