Monday, November 23, 2009

Date Night In

So after a few nights of putting the kids to bed and then being too brain dead to do anything but watch dumb TV together, I decided to research (polled friends and googled) ideas for spending evenings at home with your spouse.  We want to be more purposeful with our time together so here's what I've come up with so far.  Please share any other ideas that you may have.  I plan to print it up and hang it on the frig right next to my "Ideas for What To Pack for Leah's Lunch" list and "Easy Dinner Options When Your Exhausted" list.  What can I say?  I'm a list girl...

DATE NIGHT IN IDEAS

  • Pray (for marriage, kids, work, church, family, missionaries, world issues, etc.
  • Go for a walk (have a friend/neighbor listen to monitor)
  • Do a project (picture album, blog, house remodel items, etc.)
  • Clean/organize (dishes, laundry, office files, etc.)
  • Cook/bake something or do meal prep for tomorrow
  • Eat a special dinner (order delivery, picnic on the floor, etc.)
  • Enjoy a special dessert
  • Play a game (cards, Scrabble, chess, etc.)
  • Listen to an audio show (sermon, NPR, audio book, etc.)
  • Read (a book out loud or your own individual books)
  • Exercise (weights, push-ups, sit-ups, yoga, birth ball, etc.)
  • Answer conversation starter type questions
  • Learn something (google a curiosity, research a vacation destination, etc.)
  • Dream about the future
  • Journal (about the kids, marriage memories, etc.)
  • Call or Skype an old friend
  • Watch TV or movie (mute commercials, turn off once it’s done)
  • Create a relaxing environment (build a fire, wine, music, candles, etc.)
  • Give massages (shoulders, head, feet)
  • Go to bed early and fool around  =)

Enjoy!  Any other ideas?  

No comments: