The church ladies hosted a double shower for my pregnancy partner, Sarah, and I last weekend. She and I had our boys 3 weeks apart and are due with our next kiddos within the same spread.
The showers are a sweet time of fellowship, prayer and generosity. And they all know that food is my love language, so we always eat like queens.
My two favorite pieces of food art were the above "Watermelon Bird Cage" by Amy who did the Thanksgiving Vegetable Turkey.
And my friend Meghan made a three layer cake with lemon filling covered with meringue that her husband artistically finished off with a blow torch. Yeah, I have cool friends.
I have received a couple of requests for pregnancy pics, so I thought I'd include one where I am not wearing sweats. When I came down the stairs the kids both enthusiastically told me how pretty I looked. John said, "That's a tute outfit, mom. You look dood!" And Leah has taken to calling me "pregnant lady." They were very sweet.
And here's a bird's eye view of the belly. The kids are ready for the baby to come OUT! But we've still got another month, so stay tuned!

1 comment:
you are such an adorable pregnant lady, mel!! i can only hope i'm half as cute when the time comes.
:o)
Post a Comment