This was given to me by one of my Biola RAs (Hi, Hope!) who grew up chugging this stuff on the mission field. A few years later I found it called the "Natural Antibiotic" in Keepers at Home, a Mennonite homemaking magazine and then again recently at a nutrition conference someone referred to it as the "Master Tonic." Luke has affectionately dubbed it "Fire Water." Whatever you choose to call it, make some, chug it, gag, sputter, feel your eyes water, and then kiss those little germies goodbye!
MISSIONARY MEDICINE RECIPE by Diane Teague, Missionary and Mom
Combine:
1/4 cup finely chopped garlic (use food processor)
1/4 cup finely chopped ginger
1/4 cup finely chopped horseradish root
1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
1/4 cup finely chopped habinero/cayenne peppers
1 quart raw vinegar (I use apple cider.)
(Or do a cup of each in a gallon of vinegar if your into bulk.)
Let ferment for two weeks, shaking it a couple times a day. Strain and put liquid in a tightly sealed container. Use the pulp in cooking. Take 1 1/2 droppers (1 tablespoon) morning and evening when sick. Use 3 times daily if VERY sick. Makes a great sore throat gargle.
Bloggers note: We like to let our immune system have the first shot at trying to battle the bad guys, but if and when we're losing the fight, this stuff is a great back up plan. And if you're curious how and why it works, here's a detailed explanation from Master Herbalist Dr. Richard Schultz.
Let ferment for two weeks, shaking it a couple times a day. Strain and put liquid in a tightly sealed container. Use the pulp in cooking. Take 1 1/2 droppers (1 tablespoon) morning and evening when sick. Use 3 times daily if VERY sick. Makes a great sore throat gargle.
Bloggers note: We like to let our immune system have the first shot at trying to battle the bad guys, but if and when we're losing the fight, this stuff is a great back up plan. And if you're curious how and why it works, here's a detailed explanation from Master Herbalist Dr. Richard Schultz.

2 comments:
Woah, that looks like a serious concoction! Hey, thanks for the comment you left on my blog a while back. It's nice to know there's other like-minded, Christ-centered families out there!
Thanks for the recipe - I see that I'm three years coming to this post, but that's cool since I spent that time recovering from a bone marrow transplant. I am thankful to now have your recipe for battling the buggies as I'm still immune-suppressed and sometimes forget to be super-careful out in z world.
Post a Comment