Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finger lickin' good

As you may imagine, Kentucky Fried Chicken hasn't been on the Sunukjian dinner menu in years.  But I had the recent and random opportunity to taste the Colonel's original recipe and, as a pregnant woman I must say, it was addictively delicious.  I had to find a recipe that my conscience could live with so I could make it on my own.  I'm not going to post anything, just google it like I did.    And use lard, 'cause it's healthier.  Yes, I said lard.  



So unfortunately, my thermometer didn't go as high as the recipe called for, the frying took longer than expected, and it ended up being a little crispier than I preferred.  Though it took 3 hours to clean the kitchen and I will never do it again, it satisfied my craving and now I can say that I've fried chicken.  'Sup, Paula Deen.

2 comments:

heidi said...

did you say you are pregnant?

Kristi said...

Ha,ha..."sup, Paula Dean" :)