And two grew back in it's place! Okay, it's 4 years later, but still! I just found them this last week on the top of my head like two unruly antennae/antennas (depending on which way I want to take the metaphor. Simile?)
Then, in God's perfect timing, I stumbled across Proverbs 16:31. "A gray head is a crown of splendor; It is found in the way of righteousness." And Proverbs 20:29 confirms that it is "the honor of old men."
So I'm really going to try to embody this truth. I have never colored my hair before and I don't want to start now. I also want to scowl in the face of our vanity fair and say that I can love my grayness no matter what Clairol says.
I know, I know. "You've only got two right now, sister. Just wait until half your head is crawling with these wiry menaces. And if we're down on hair coloring, then what's next? No make up? Why don't you just move in with the Amish?"
But come on, ladies! Let's define what's beautiful, important, and valuable based on Truth and stop submitting to a culture that doesn't care about our well-being, but just wants to make a profit off of our insecurities.
This doesn't have to be a gray issue. The potential for change is so grayt!
Okay, that was a bit much, but I just want us to give ourselves a little grayce...
I'm going to stop now.
I'm going to stop now.

No comments:
Post a Comment