Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Sunukjian Santa Barbara Summer

Without deciding to in advance, I apparently took the summer off from the ol' family blog.  Many of you know that I started a new public blog over at SHESOURCEFUL.  But just to give the few Sunukjian family blog-reading fans a little something to chew on, here are a bunch of pics of what our first full summer in Santa Barbara looked like.  Enjoy!


The kids celebrated finishing their first year of Awana.


We have gotten into watching a few shows together (it was a rare treat to watch during dinnertime) - Chopped, Food Network Star, and now The American Bible Challenge.  


Always lots of baseball posing around here...


Playing on the lawn of the Santa Barbara Mission.


My sister-in-law Heather made me the most FABULOUS gluten-free meal for my birthday.  Handmade ravioli with sweet potato filling, a strawberries and greens salad, and this amazing Tiramasu for dessert.  Food is one of my love languages.  Thanks, Heather!


Leah loves dressing up and honestly has better style than her mother.  


The kids set up their animals to listen to a spontaneous concert.


Blueberry picking!


The kids made our bed for us.  


And got some new sheets for their room!


Always lots of (shirtless) reading going on around here...


Sister bath time!


Hung out with our friends, Gavin and Daylen Carey, a few times this summer.  


Went to the Fermentation Festival and made some pickles.


And we are trying to do a better job of teaching the kids to value hard work and do regular chores.  Noelle folded all this laundry herself!


Is it weird that my kids know how to "plate their food?"  (Thanks, Chopped.)


Luke and his fellow team members from the Haiti missions trip.


I love taking pictures of the kids sleeping.  


And I love when 3 year olds dress themselves.


We followed Back To Eden's advice and put down newspapers, horse manure, and woodchips to begin amending the soil for our future garden!


Noelle has "officially" grown out of naps, but sometimes you just need to take one, you know what I'm sayin'?


Had a slumber party with cousin Lily...


Morning Bedhead


And afternoon side ponytails (a la Leah.)


Lots of cooking around here including homemade pizza!


Sometimes it's hard to wake up in the morning, so you need a little pre-wake up nap on the couch.


And, of course, lots of time at the beach.  It hasn't taken them long to become California kiddos!


I will attempt to post more regularly on the blog.
Coming up:  Leah's 8th birthday party!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yay, so happy to see these! Look at your light, bright and airy house!! I love all the windows and sunlight! Nice tile floors...nice DARK grout. I'd like to think I had something to do with that :)