So without further ado, I present:
Ten Minutes in the Life of a Young Mom*: Taking a Shower
My first interruption was John coming in to ask to use our (very nice and expensive) camera to take a picture of his puzzle box. I told him to wait until I got out and I could help him use it carefully. His response? "Okay, but where is it?"
Then Noelle follows him in for reasons still unknown and I say, "Noelle, shut the door because the cold air is coming in." Noelle replies with a whine, "Whyyy?" (Incredulous blinking.) "Because. The. Cold. Air. Is. Coming. In."
John comes back a few minutes later informing me that he has broken a bowl. I peek my head out of the curtain to ask how. "I was holding the plate level that it was on, but..." (Miming the bowl jumping to its demise.)
Once the shower was over, I plodded to my room, bathrobed, and told the kids who followed right at my (unpumiced) heels that I was going to get dressed so they could go play and I'd be right out. Noelle deadpans, "But I want to watch you."
And there you have it, folks. A little window into my world.
Moral of the story: Be grateful for uninterrupted showers.
(Fortunately, I have been trying to practice more gratefulness, so I am already appreciating my unique experience and the kids that make it interesting. But sometimes it just feels good to share the craziness with the world.)
*And by "young mom" I mean "mom of young kids" but that doesn't have the same ring to it.

3 comments:
So glad that someone else's life so closely resembles mine... *sigh* Sometimes I even dread shower time.
hysterical! Laughing to tears! Yes, most of my days mirror yours in comedy! Gotta love little ones! Hope all is going well in your new stomping grounds!
I love that the bowl jumped to its demise...suicidal bowl.
Post a Comment