Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Girl with Curls

Sadly, Leah already bemoans the fact that she doesn't have curly hair. Nevermind that she has beautiful, shiny, gorgeous, almost-black hair. I pray that she will grow to a place of rejecting the "always wanting what we haven't got" mentality. But until then...

RAG CURLS!


We got this idea from a friend and her daughter who did it for church one Sunday. So I read up on it, tore up some fabric, and started rolling up little portions of Leah's just-bathed hair and tying them in a not at the top.


And this is what happened when she slept on them as they dried over night.


Her first response was, "Mommy! I look like Nefret!" (You can find a picture of her in our last post...) And she's right - she totally did.


The curls were surprisingly tight and when shaken out, looked great.


Unfortunately, it was a rainy day so they fell out quickly. But it's definitely something that we'll do again. Good times for mother and daughter!

No comments: