Not too much to show for our 24 hours in Massachussetts, but that's because we did not do too much. Luke and I spent a long weekend in Boston celebrating our 5th anniversary a few years back, so we didn't feel the pressure to see the sites. Instead, we hung out with one of my old natural mama friends who used to live in DC. The kids played and played and Ginny and I stayed up until midnight talking food preservation, the spirituality of parenting, sewing, homeschool resources, and our favorite recipes and books. She's a woman after my own heart.
Thanks for the hospitality, friends!
Side note: I've been wanting to learn to sew for a few years now and may have already mentioned in past posts how paralyzed I become at the thought of threading a sewing machine or reattaching a button. I think this is the year to conquer my fears. I'm going to see if I can pay one of my sewing friends to give Leah and I weekly lessons. If all goes well, the tablecloths that have been hanging over rods on our bedroom windows for 3+ years may finally fulfill their destiny in becoming real live curtains. Start praying now...
On the food front, it must also be said that we ate at a lovely restaurant called Stonehearth Pizza that sources local ingredients and has gluten-free pizza crusts (for a small fee, of course.) And then we finished it off with a variety of homemade ice cream from Rancatore's. My favorite flavor was this heavenly combination of all their chocolate based flavors in one ice cream. Genius.
Maine, here we come!

No comments:
Post a Comment