Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Noelle's First Birthday!


So as of about 10 minutes ago, I gave birth to this delicious little nugget exactly one year ago.  And she has brought such a peace and joy to our family.  Leah and John adore her and she is very easy going.  She's starting to get really funny too.  I can't wait to watch her grow up even more!


John helped me make coconut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for her family celebration tonight.  (Of course, I substituted many of the ingredients - sprouted spelt flour, coconut oil, sucanat, raw honey, etc. - but those were the recipes I started with...)



And we served Noelle's cupcake on her newly made birthday plate by Grandy Heart Creations.


When Leah got home from school, we all frosted them together.


And Noelle wanted to get in on the fun.


And then Leah had the brilliant idea of adding a strawberry on top.  She really has a gift for colors and presentation.  It's fun to watch.  


Our housemate and church friend, Anne, joined us for the celebration.


We put Noelle's first measurement on our wall and though it's hard to see, she is over 2 inches shorter than Leah was when she was 1 and over 3 inches shorter than John was when he was 1!  She's our little petite one!




She loved when we sang "Happy Birthday" to her and she really enjoyed her first cupcake!


Happy Birthday to ME!  



2 comments:

TARA WARTHEN MADSEN said...

Melanie - she's such a little Melanie!!! How precious! And I love your cupcake substitutions! My, oh my... how things have changed since our mother's cooked in the kitchen, huh? (Well, at least for my mother!) All these wonderful organic ingredients to purchase easily nowadays. BTW - I saw on the side of your blog, something about homeschooling. But Leah goes to school outside the home, correct? I'm debating on homeschooling. Any thoughts?
dtmadsen1999@verizon.net

kirsten said...

Wow, a year already!! It really does go by quickly, doesn't it?

Happy birthday, Noelle!!