Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wicked cool accent



John is a unique kid with a unique voice.  It's deep and yet he sings in falsetto.  There are certain letters that he can't pronounce and it makes him sound like he's from Boston.  Not to mention, he's got a goofball sense of humor, so enjoy these quotes from our sweet John...

"Hey, Mom!  Yook at dat big pie of DIT!"  
Translation:  "Hey, Mom!  Look at that big pile of DIRT!"

"Dat side - it banned me."
Translation:  "That slide - it burned me."

"Yuts fo Yunch?"
Translation:  "What's for lunch?"

"Yuts fo bez-ZIT?"
Translation:  "What's for dessert?"

"I'm fisty fo yada."
Translation:  "I'm thirsty for water."

"In da bedinning, Dod teated da heavens and da irf.  Genesis Yun Yun."
Translation:  "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.  Genesis 1:1."

"Dank you, Dod, fo mommy and fo daddy and fo me and fo Yeah and fo Baby Noyell.  Amen."

And my personal favorite is a little song he made up himself (sung in falsetto with eyebrows raised and his little neck stretched forward.)

Da Bible says, "Hosanna! Hosanna!"
Da Bible says, "Don't do dat!  Don't do dat!"

Gotta love that kid.  

1 comment:

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

I love his voice! Thanks for the transcription.

Also, this is utterly unrelated, but have you read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I know you're busy, but it was really good and reminded me of you! Check if out if you get the chance!