Leah turned 4 on August 18th and we had her party at a local park. It was uncommonly beautiful outside and many friends came to celebrate.

Because of her gluten-intolerance, she blew out candles shoved into a gallon of chocolate ice cream made by our local Amish farmers. Below is a picture of a dirt cake with stick candles that she and her friends made. (She can print out this picture and take it to her therapist in 20 years to work through the pathetic life of a gluten-free child.)
The kids were from all different social circles so they took a while to warm up to each other. I desperately initiated slightly successful old-school group games (anybody remember the rules to freeze tag?), but once they found the cups and a dry patch of dirt they were all a go.
Exhibit A: John Jacob Jingleheimer Dirt. Do not ask me how he got the perfect raccoon smudges around his eyes. So glad I bathed him earlier that morning. Sigh.
We are so thankful for our friends and their kids. This was a great day of celebrating Leah!




1 comment:
1. I can't wait to see and talk to you kids! So fun!
2. How did you figure out Leah was allergic to gluten? I was just talking to some friends who are also allergic and neither of them were diagnosed until later in life.
3. Have I mentioned how excited I am to visit?!
Post a Comment